This is me. Back home after work, just after I have put the girls to bed. It has been a long day. My firs day at work.
How do I feel? Excited, exhausted but happy to be back to what I love to do.
I will need a few weeks in order to get used to my new role of a working mum.
I want to be happy at home. I want to feel happy at work. I want to have enough time to spend with my girls. So these are my resolutions for my new life:
- Get up early before the kids wake up and do some exercise. Have a good healthy breakfast. All these will give me good energy for the whole day.
- Do all the grocery shopping and get the meals done during the weekends, so that I don’t have to cook in the evenings. This will remove a big stress of « what the kids are going to eat tomorrow? »
- Get my clothes ironed and ready in the evening.
- Come back home early so that I can spend time with my girls. I cannot imagine coming home and them already sleeping.
- Avoid working at home and have a good night sleep instead. I will be more efficient at work.
- Be patient in the evenings, when the girls are tired, hungry and screaming at the same time.
- NO to procrastination. Do everything I can do in the evening. I will have no time in the morning.d
Do you think these resolutions are realistic? What do you do to be a happy and successful mum?