A few weeks ago we celebrated my little Sofia’s first birthday. All mums know what it feels like when your baby turns 1. You cannot believe how quickly time has gone and you realise that your baby is not really a baby anymore. You want to make this day really special, for your baby, for you and for the whole family.
When my elder daughter, Elena, turned 1 we bought a birthday cake at M&S but this time I have decided to prepare the birthday cake myself. I wanted it to be very beautiful but at the same time very easy, as now I know what it is like to cook when you have 2 kids to look after. When I googled “baby’s first birthday cake” all the recipes I found didn’t look very easy to me. So I have decided to make a simple chocolate biscuit and then just decorate it with some fruit and cream. So this is how my cake looked like. If you like it, continue reading to find out how to prepare it.
For the biscuit:
- 150 gr of black chocolate
- 80 gr of butter
- 80 gr of flour
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr of suger
- 1 pack of rising powder
For the decoration:
- Aerosol cream
- Wafer Daisy Flowers (I have used Dr Oetker ones)
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Melt chocolate and butter. Add egg yolks, sugar, flour and rising powder
- Beat until stiff egg whites and add to the chocolate mixture
- Pour the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 35-40. In order to check if the cake is cooked you can insert a skewer into the centre of the cake – it should come out dry.
- Let the cake cool a little bit and take it from the tin
- When the cake has cooled down you can start putting your decoration: cream, raspberries and flowers 🙂