I love cooking for my kids, it is healthier and it is also a great activity for my toddler (Elena). She loves playing a role of a little cook! Cooking the cakes is what she prefers the most. All sorts of cakes: yogurt cake, chocolate cakes, cookies etc.
So today, I thought I would share with you this super easy oats cookies recipe. It belongs to my Georgian aunt, who is a great cook. I fell in love with this recipe as it is very easy and you can also do different variations, with chocolate or dried fruits for example. And the most importantly Elena loves it as well as my 9 months baby Sofia.
To make this yummy cookies you will need:
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 150 grams of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of plain flour
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
You can experiment and change the quantities. For example, you can add less sugar or butter and if you do so you will then need to reduce the oats and flour quantity.
- Preheat the oven (180C)
- Combine all the ingredients. I usually start with sugar, egg, butter and baking soda. Then I add cinnamon, oats and flour.
- When all the ingredients are mixed the dough must be soft and a little bit sticky but you must be able to form dough balls.
- Place the dough balls on the baking tray, make sure there is enough space between each of them to avoid them sticking to each other while cooking
- Put in the oven and bake until golden
The only problem with this recipe is that the cookies are soo good that you cannot stop eating them 🙂